[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 am

Well I'm hoping the semester will clear up in the next couple of weeks so I can hit the models full force.

From my own personal projects I want to finish up this:
18 mechs (8x IS, 10x Clan) - This will round out my battletech collection. Should be plenty of variety and most of the cool mechs from the 3025-50 era.

5x Strike cruisers - These need to be finished to show off Zac's prow and for Gothicomp. Plus they form the bulk of my Marine fleet and have been sitting on my desk half painted since the end of march.

1x 40k dread - this is my last AOBR dread to convert before I delve into the realm of the two contemptors and two land raiders. After that I've got a couple of conversion projects and the like but I should be done with 40k marines at that point.

Don't develop too much terrain envy though, that's basically all I've got. At some point I'll get the buildings finished, but I need forests before that happens.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon May 07, 2012 11:36 am

And we are back :) Finishing up the last of the razorbacks for the Blood Ravens this time. They went together a tad dark mainly because my delvan mud wash was a bit thick. Should be fixed now. Next up Blood Raven land speeders.... then back to the strike cruisers and mechs before I disappear to work on something special for Cal.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby inrepose » Thu May 10, 2012 7:16 am

I was just asking for a better look at these on the LOTB site but here they all are in full colour. Fantastic set of models and amazing paint work.
inrepose
Casual

Postby Vaaish » Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks! Well it's been a grueling couple of weeks finishing up these speeders. I'd planned on two weeks to do all 18 but last week too almost the entire week for prep so little paint made it to the models. I did manage to finish up the models by monday night, but I had to wait till tonight seal them. I think that this will be the last set of GW speeders in the modern style I will paint. I'm constantly disappointed with them and trying to get the weapons to stick. I was a little annoyed at how they were painting up too, but I guess they turned out alright. Next up I'll be finishing up my strike cruisers. :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed May 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Is there such thing as Landspeeder spam in Epic? If not I think you've just invented it :P

Looking beautiful, as always! Am excited to hear that the Strike Cruisers are up next!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 pm

there actually is, but I"d say it's rare that anyone has enough speeders to make it happen. I've already got the cruisers part way painted, but that was back in february I think. Really just the priming, undercoat, and first highlight layer. Took a month to get that far and I had to move on. Hopefully the final three or four highlight layers won't take as long. After that it's metals and other details which I'm positive won't be nearly as time consuming.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Mordian7th » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:30 am

Mordian7th
Casual

Postby Vaaish » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Hey, I'm glad you like them. I'd love to see a 40k scale version of it. It's really just based on the hull of a macharius and a chimera so it shouldn't be too hard to upscale. You'll probably need far more detail though than I have here since a large scale one would end up rather empty.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 pm

This week has mostly be a prep week, I'm in the process of getting most of the stuff I need to paint this winter converted, posed, and primed so that I can just worry about varnish when the cold weather hits. I've probably got one more week of builds to go before I'm done spaced out by a couple of class projects. In any event, I'm also prepping the next version of the AdMech PDF to go out and I've been holding off for a couple of playtests and to get as many of the unit photos in place. I've still got a bit to go on those but I've got a good number done up. Part of those were the Colossus and Crusader robots I got painted up over the weekend:

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 pm

just a note on exactly how crazy my life has been since thanksgiving. These 8 were finished that weekend and I haven't had time to even take pics to post much less pick up a brush to do anything.

This finishes up my colossus robots for epic. These guys are based on US pennies.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 pm

None of our coins have smooth edges so are not suitable for basing!

Great job as always on the painting. I guess with the festive season approaching you're not going to have much more hobby time for a bit?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:07 am

probably not a whole lot :( But there might be incremental updates. I'm working on another epic scale reaver that I've been planing to go full bore on with freehand and technique. It'll take a while but its in smaller chunks so there might be updates as those parts get done.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sat May 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Well now that vacation is past, photos are touched up and archived, and the evil Wolf Star is painted and binned, I'm trying to get back up to full production. The first step was finishing these crusaders tuesday and having the metals for the torso on the reaver prepped and washed for final highlights. My goal is to see the torso well on the way to completion come the end of next week. It really needs to be done soon for Epicomp and to clear the way for production of a ton of smaller bits. Anyway, here are the crusaders... more when the torso is done :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun May 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Those Crusaders are weird looking models. What are they supposed to be?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon May 27, 2013 12:34 am

They are supposed to be fast robots that are armed with power weaopns. They really are the most bizarre of the bunch kind of a cross between a goat, praying mantis, and some bizarre extra long armed thing that pokes you to death.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh19 ... usader.jpg
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)