[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Hello; also, I'm dumb
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Hello; also, I'm dumb

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Hello; also, I'm dumb

Postby ukoku » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:09 am

So I signed up here looking for information to use for some resin dolls I'm working on...and for some reason it never occurred to me that there would be Wargamers here. Clearly I need my head checked.

So yeah, I'm excited that this forum is even more relevant to my interests than I first thought!

I've hobbied with scripting and models for along time, and have done stuff with epoxy casting, but resin's a new field for me. (I have too many hobbies, really.)

(And I play Emperor's Children, if you're wondering.)
ukoku
Casual

Re: Hello; also, I'm dumb

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:06 am

Hi and Welcome!!

Im new here myself too, but I have found that the crew here is very friendly and helpful. I seem to be on often and am happy to answer anything I can though be warned Im a noob.... :shock:

Anyway Someone official will be around soon to give you a formal welcome, but Welcome from a commoner.
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Re: Hello; also, I'm dumb

Postby paulson games » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Welcome aboard, hopefully we can help you out with any questions. Wargaming minis are the bread and butter but most of the info should be relevant for most any type of cast product.

I know there are also some forums specifically catering to action figure construction as well as doll making and even working with vinyl. They tend to use a differant set of epoxies and resins as the figures are meant to be articulated in construction and played with so by nature they need to be very durable compaired to wargame minis.

The mold making info we have on here should serve well with most types of resin and epoxy, and the forum here is always a work in progress so feel free to add any personal experiences with alternate products as the goal is to compile all the useful info we can find and cross pollinate with other ideas and areas the casting hobby can be applied to. :)
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Return to The Waiting Room