[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - New frenchy !
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

New frenchy !

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

New frenchy !

Postby SSB » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi guys !

New on the forum...
Jeff (DragonForge) directed me to this forum...

I am a Blood Bowl player and painter !
I am getting into casting goodies and miniatures for Blood bowl tournaments in France and Europe.

Did my first high temp° molds last week and I am waiting for my Lee Melter !
The result iis quite good, but I am sure I can do something better !

I would love to get into resin casting too. And I have a lot to learn (I know nearly nothing ^^)
I'll post on the forums for my questions...

Read you all soon ! :)

Stéphane
Si Dieu existe, j'espère qu'il a une bonne excuse !
SSB
User

Re: New frenchy !

Postby Barn » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:02 pm

Welcome!
Barn
User

Postby Dragonforge » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Welcome..glad you found it ok ;)
Dragonforge
User

Postby mangozac » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Welcome Frenchy!

So if I understand correctly you are going metal casting? If you're comfortable with the melting metal thing it does have a few advantages over resin, although my understanding is that resin will provide a better level of detail....

Will be glad to answer your resin casting questions!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby blind pig » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Welcome SSB!

Are you going to use something like a Lee Pro 4-20 to do your metal melting?

I have one kicking around from my reloading pistol ammo days and would be interested to see it have another life.

Post pics and do a diary of what you do please.

Bec
blind pig
Junkie

Postby SSB » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:31 pm

SSB
User

Postby mangozac » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Probably bet to post in the Dr Polymer subforum.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby BlueRonin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:54 am

Welcome - more expertise to add to the pool - I'm humbled! Look forward to reading more!
BlueRonin
User

Postby SSB » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:29 am

SSB
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Welcome!! Im new Here too BUT I ALSO Do metal casting!! I have done minis and bullets and such but no spin casting. Here is my metal rig....

And for pouring into molds:

As you can see I have some nice Wheel weight lead in there for bullets (muzzleloader).

And TONIGHT Im gathering up some things to pour a resin base or 2 and fetishs tonight. I should have pics tomm. (so Zac will not badger me as much!!!!)
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby blind pig » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:29 pm

I was lucky enough to have a neighbour who worked for The Canberra Times as a printer when I was reloading. All that lovely high-antimony content printing sheets!

I have done a bit of metal casting of miniatures about 15 years ago, which was less than successful. The moulds used were of a rubber which had to be melted and poured over the mini to be reproduced. The problem was trying to fill the detail in the mould with metal. Rounded edges and large airpockets were the norm, rather than the exception.

With the improvements in silicones and resins, I doubt I'd go back to using metal for casting, with the exception of making heavier bases for minis, which I'm currently using #4 shot to do.
blind pig
Junkie

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:01 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby SSB » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:10 am

A small question :

Pressure pot...
What do you think of this one ?

http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Tank-Spr ... 117&sr=8-3
SSB
User

Postby paulson games » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:20 am

That's the same exact pressure pot I use, it will need a couple fittings and ball valves but it works great. :)
paulson games

Postby SSB » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:47 am

SSB
User

Next

Return to The Waiting Room