[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Two doses of awesome
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Two doses of awesome

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Two doses of awesome

Postby Lane » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:27 am

Honest opinion on Sucker Punch - WTF?

The plot and story line make me wonder what small country the writers/ directors drug habits support.

The action scenes, ignoring the mixed genre and time periods, are F'n sweet.
Lane
Habit

Postby Hatemonger » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:03 am

I would also agree with all of that.

The plot is very simplistic, almost to the point I would dare say it's not a plot at all, so much as a premise for a setting. There are lots of WTF moments and I left with plenty of questions unanswered (possibly intentionally), but the imagery alone was worth it to me. I can see this as the type of movie that lots of artists will be quoting as inspiration - but not so many writers.

Honestly, I was willing to forgive a lot of sins in the story, partly because it's a lot like Anime in that there seems to be an inherent amount of 'WTF' built in, and partly - as I keep telling people - it is a movie about crazy people. Very attractive people with corsets and machineguns, but still crazy.

I stand by my first statement: it is as cool as you think it is. If the trailer had you drooling, it's probably safe to say you'll get your money's worth. If you're looking for a particularly cerebral experience, or you're not into the guns-swords-boobs-action thing, then you might not. But then again, you should have known that, eh?

- H8
Hatemonger
Casual

Postby Lane » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:46 am

Lane
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:05 pm

So Sucker Punch finally opened here in Oz this week and I saw it this afternoon with my brother. My reaction: cool, but not as much as I was expecting. Between the two or three trailers I watched in the lead up to its release I think they showed pretty much everything there was to see.

The action/dream sequences had great imagery accompanied by excellent music selections and the way they related to the real life situations was novel. But I did find the overall plot less than satisfying.

Like has been said here a few times now, if you went to see chicks with guns, zombie nazis and a giant samurai with gattling gun then it's good fun.

Is it just me or did anybody else find Madame Gorski hotter than most of the younger girls (I certainly wasn't partial to Baby Doll's "schoolgirl" dream outfit)? :mrgreen:
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Lane » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:26 am

Last edited by Lane on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lane
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:50 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Previous

Return to The Waiting Room