[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Two doses of awesome
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Two doses of awesome

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Two doses of awesome

Postby mangozac » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi guys just a quick one before I head out :P

I went and saw a mate today who is going to teach me to airbrush for when I assemble my SAW kit. He's an awesome painter so his tuition should no go astray! Anyway he showed me the latest stuff he's working on; some 28mm modern military guys. The sculpts are really top notch, beautiful proportions and nice fine, sharp details. You can see his painting of them here:

He also alerted me to the movie "Sucker Punch" which comes out in March. Oh my God why had I not heard of this before!?!? The trailer presents several shades of awesomeness! Check it out:

Enjoy!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Two doses of awesome

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 am

The US SF operators are nice. I myself was with 10th group CJSOTF-AP task force when I was on my Vacation in 2003-2004. Your buddy is doing them proud. Awesome Job.

And the movie.... I wish I had the words..... :mrgreen: :ugeek:

I need tips for talking my wife into go see it, or a reason to leave her behind..... :twisted:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:12 am

I'd seen the Sucker Punch trailer a while back and it looks incredibly awesome.

Here's the older trailer which IMo is much better, plus it's automatically ten fold better simply for having the lords of acid soundtrack. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wvxm5ZZwN0

I think those sculpts are really nice, very solid detail and they look realistic. A lot of the modern military figures I see typically are posed somewhat goofey or just lack overall detail, these are nice and don't fall into either category.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:03 am

You're right; that trailer is a little better! The soundtrack on both trailers was very awesome - I'm not familiar with that kind of music so will have to do some research ;)

Seriously feeling so amped about this movie!

Those military minis are awesome and seeing them in the flesh really shows it. High quality casting too.
mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:09 am

I found these a few years ago and they have added to the range they now also include vehicles. Go check it out guys :lol:

Sorry to bring it a little back on topic from hot chicks in skimpy outfits, with big guns, big swords, and running around in some steam=punk dream world killing zombie-soldiers :mrgreen:

http://www.theassaultgroup.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=40

Enjoy
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:30 am

And if these models were not so cool I would be upset.... :P
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Yeah that mate Jas mentioned getting a Humvee to go with the minis and I'll keep hassling him until he does it :P

Oh and Sucker Punch:
- Hot chicks in skimpy outfits as the main characters
- Chicks fighting with guns and swords
- Samurai mecha
- Mecha with gattling guns
- A whole other bunch of awesome stuff

The only way it could be cooler is if there were space ships too (and who says there isn't!). I suppose it will come as no surprise that I never saw the sausage-fest that is the Expendables ;)
mangozac

Postby geomod » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Not to mention that the mecha has a large pink bunny head painted on the front. :lol:
geomod
User

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Wow I just googled the Lords of Acid; more specifically the song from the Sucker Punch trailer posted by Jon called "The Crab Louse". After watching the video clip and listening to the lyrics I'm left with the urge to take a shower and scrub everything clean!

a link, but careful it's not really safe for general consumption!
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Yeah they are definately an underground culture style, not something that'd be fit for general radio play. They were really popular when industrial music like nine inch nails was getting started (mid 90s), then went off on a freaky S&M tangent. Disturbing imagry & lyrics asside they have a great club style beat to their music.

This is one of their tracks which is a lot more in tune with what gets played in the clubs (no lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa1fAR6o ... re=related

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVNxRa13 ... re=related
paulson games

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:31 am

snuggleing in for the Super Bowl... and saw this trailer...

And this:

Another must see!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:30 am

Wow Priest: somebody has been taking inspiration from 40k. Think GW will try to sue them too?
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:49 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Hatemonger » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:53 pm

I just got back from the opening show of Sucker Punch. It is exactly as cool as you think it is.

I mean, if you saw the trailer and thought it looked silly and awful, then you probably won't change your mind. Everyone else will think it's awesome. Lots of bizarre, mismatched, anachronistic, steampunk, sci-fantasy mashups of imagery. If you had a hallucinogenic dream based on Warhammer 40k-like visuals, and had it acted out in live-action Anime by lingerie models, you'd get this.

I'm going to go try to sleep now, despite the fact that my brain is on fire.

- H8
Hatemonger
Casual

Postby mangozac » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 am

mangozac

Next

Return to The Waiting Room