[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Workspace Photos
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Workspace Photos

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Workspace Photos

Postby Arkangel » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Well they also have pets I guess.... :mrgreen:
LOL

Hope all goes fast for you bud and your back to proper civilization soon.
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Well, after a long weekend of working away and refurbing my 'man cave' , i've finally finished and can put my feet up for the remaining 6 days i have off :D.

IMG_3194.JPG

IMG_3195.JPG

IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:55 pm

IMG_3199.JPG

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:23 am

Thats Neat and tidy There dead meat..... My Man cave is a 10x10 storage area im rentinf for $120 monthly because we had to move from our townhouse to an Apartment due to military seperation.

Do not fret though my friends..... Im "converting" the spare bedroom to share with the wife, as she is also an artist Just more traditional. :lol:

ANYWAY, I do like your stands for the horizontal pots and your setup is very compact Yet ergonomic... I plan to steal your pictures and save to my computer with your permission..... 8-)
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Arkangel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:40 am

I wish I had half the space in the pictures :cry:
Oh well at least now my mate has his own place I have 'Mates' space. Mainly as half the furniture in it I gave him and I also helped him move everything in :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:20 am

Even for somebody who has a comfortable enough setup Deadmeat's hobby room is still jealousy inducing! I'll be moving into a new place soon that will be the ultimate bachelor pad, so I plan to devote a good portion of the master (only) bedroom to an expanded hobby area...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Lane » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Zac, you are not ambitious enough.

I plan on buying at least a two bedroom, probably three and hopefully a den/ game room in addition to the living room. I will then convert the garage into a work shop and either the den or a bedroom into gaming area. This all assumes my overtime holds up and I can save enough for the down payment this year.
Lane
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:15 am

mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:45 am

It's a nice work area, one small issue that may come up is with having the book case near your casting area. Overspray and resin vapors can get into the books and you may find them discoloring or getting sticky, particuarly if you use any spray on release or dust with talc.

Those tend to reach a lot further than you may be aware of, over the last year I'd have stuff that 6-10 ft away slowly getting covered in gunk. Just a heads up as it'd be a shame to ruin any of your gaming stuff. Also I'd never place my computer in the same room as my casting stuff, seems like a really big risk as the board and intakes get clogged eailsy enough with regular dust, add in resin vapor and eww.

Outside of that it looks like a beautiful work area.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:22 am

I must admit I do have to agree with Jon. I too would always keep my casting and "dirty work" bench in another room (preferably the garage)...
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:40 am

I was going to say...."that statement sounds like experience"..... LOL :mrgreen:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Sadly, i dont have anyother room or garage to take charge off :( i do plan on building on the end of the drive when the funds come around :D

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:17 am

Yeah casting in your hobby area is certainly better than no casting at all!
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:45 pm

What you could do is add a curtain that you can draw while working with the resins, combined with a strong exhaust fan it would help reduce overspray and vapor from spreading as much.

A cheap shower curtain and removable bar would help cut it down, and an overhead exhaust fan like you'd use for installing in showers would be about $25-$30 at the hardware store.

If the room has a door exiting to the outside I'd set up a folding table to do the mold release spraying outside, once it's set then move inside to do the resin pour. That'd at least keep the aerosols outside.

I do most of my casting in my basement and even with a box fan fan going full blast in the window it's hell on the funace air filter. The window is about 4 ft from my work area and the fan and window screen are all sticky from residue left over from the release spray, so it does travel a fair bit.
paulson games

PreviousNext

Return to The Waiting Room