[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Spartan/Minotaurs
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Spartan/Minotaurs

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Spartan/Minotaurs

Postby Arkangel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Ok I'm looking for a little bit of RA member help in gathering some good info on starting a Spartan/Minotaur themed SM army.

Thanks to FW's recent 'issues' with the new Terminators I'm now in pocession of the rather cool Molloc mini, Chapter Master of the Minotaurs.

Molloc Spartan.jpg

I'm aware of these:

Chapter House heads
Spartan%20Heads CH.jpg
Spartan%20Heads CH.jpg (29.45 KiB) Viewed 7292 times

Puppets War Heads (Best so Far)
Spartan Puppets War.jpg

However I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of any better or other alternatives?
I'll be opting for the Puppet War heads as I think they're the best so far and maybe hit up Scibor for some of their bits too. But the way the armour is it can be achieved using some resculpted plastic BA Sanguinary Guard as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway the floor is open, have at it :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Re: Spartan/Minotaurs

Postby mangozac » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:25 am

The Molloc mini is very cool indeed!

The Puppetswar heads crap all over the CH ones, although I'm personally not a big fan of the side to side style crest like that. You would perhaps cut them off and then either sculpt on front-to-back crests, or just get some of the crests from Secret Weapon (sculpted by Mark) - I'd get you a link but the Secret Weapon site is down for maintenance.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Arkangel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:18 am

Thanks mate. Yeah i too tried to check out Secret Weapon earlier. I spoke to 'The Scarlet Pimpernel' about an hour ago funnily enough :lol: I'll be honest I'm not a huge fan of the crests either so yeah they'll be coming off.

I guess thats another question really to crest, or not to crest? :!:

Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:04 am

mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:29 am

'The Scarlet Pimpernel' was a fictional character who was a British aristocrat by day and real idiot and a 'Kind Of' Posh Zorro by night who was really mega intelligent. Saving French, mainly I think, Aristocrats from the Chop during the revolution. The thing was they could never catch him because he was always able to slip away or avoid capture, that and his other british aristo mates helping. A bit like trying to pin down or contact a certain someone :mrgreen: Hence the phrase:

We seek him here, we seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven?—Is he in hell?
That demmed, elusive Pimpernel.

Or Warhound :lol:

Back on topic though I concur with the crest thing, definately bin them off for the normal guys.
This 'side' project, at this point I can hear you(Zac), MJ, Vaish, Jon and everyone else sigh because I know we're all the same!!! Is for the future rules changes to the up-coming 6th Edition of 40K which will once again allow you to use Allies and not have to play apoc just to use all the cool mini's and various armies that one collects/accumulates over ones hobby life-time.

Any excuse to have big wolves, spartans, and blonde haired vampires running around together beating the crap out of moody elves in bondage gear! :mrgreen:

Arkangel
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:58 pm

My sculpter guy is doing some minotaur stuff.... let me get with him for some pics and i'll shoot them to you. hes wanting to make some things and cast them and hes FANTASTIC...... Maybe this weekend I'll have something.
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:38 pm

mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:47 am

Can always use eldar dire avenger crests mounted on space marine heads, that's what I've done with several of my models.
paulson games

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:20 am

OK as Promised.... My Friends Sculpted Minotaurs stuff. This is only a couple of his models that he happened to have on him, as he missed my email before he came to Sat games....
Based on Space Hulk mini
ImageImageImage

and his latest that he did, Lucky to catch it without paint.
ImageImageImageImage

Now these are his personal models that he is doing and wants to reproduce some stuff to keep from sculpting over and over..... and I mentioned some people might go nuts over it if I were to have molds and he is keen on the idea. Gentlemen, feel free to oogle..... :mrgreen:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Wow that is indeed some pretty good sculpting work! Despite them only being conversions it's still obvious that the guy has some skill with greenstuff ;)

I just got the latest FW newsletter email and I have to say I think the new Space MArine Command set looks absolutely amazing:
The detail in the un-helmeted one (I love how he's holding the helmet too) is so crisp it makes me want one! I'm guessing these guys would work well with Minotaurs too...
mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:34 am

Arkangel
Habit

Return to The Waiting Room