[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Products
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Products

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Products

Postby FoundrySE » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:45 am

Hello,

I am not satisfied with my current rtv (no Idea what brand, probably a no name bulk that is repackaged by distributor).

I am looking at trying my luck with AAC mm928 but I am worried that it might be too hard, is this silicone suitable for use with thinner?

I am also looking at trying RenCast FC 52 is it suitable for casting 28mm miniatures with the "right" hardness, don't want my models exploding if they fall of the table....
FoundrySE
Casual

Re: Products

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:29 pm

The mm928 isn't too bad hardness wise. ShoreA 25 is preferable, but anything under 28 is usable. I wouldn't recommend playing around with thinner if you don't have to.

The rencast FC52 is also on the high end of hardness. The resin I use is ShoreD 65, whereas the FC52 is ShoreD 75. Smooth Cast 300 series (very commonly used) is ShoreD 70 so ShoreD 75 is probably still OK. Best to just give it a go ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby FoundrySE » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Ok, I'll have another look at what i can find resin-wise.
I've found some smooth-on MoldMax MM25 at a supplier with decent shipping, might try that.
FoundrySE
Casual

Postby FoundrySE » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:16 pm

I decided to try this silicone

Hopefully I'll have it home by next weekend
FoundrySE
Casual

Postby mangozac » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:56 am

Looks ok. Let's see how it goes!
Oh yeah I can make that....