[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Instant Mould
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Instant Mould

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Instant Mould

Postby Ein » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Anobody ever heard of or used this?
Support your local hobby shop !
Ein
Casual

Re: Instant Mould

Postby mangozac » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Hmm interesting. I've seen similar "low melt polymers" before but not for that kind of application. Certainly handy for those kind of texturing applications he's using it for in the video.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby paulson games » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:47 am

I just ran across the video on dakka and was going to post it here as well, definately going to give this stuff a try makes for a perfect option if you only want to do a few parts vs putting time in to make silicon molds.
paulson games

Postby Barn » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:57 am

Yeah i'd be keen to see how others go with it :) I wonder if it could be used for small 2-part moulds?
Barn
User

Postby mangozac » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:07 am

You couldn't pour resin into it as the curing would melt the Instant-Mould.
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:27 am

The Vid on CMON has him making a 2 part... With some mod to the technique I think you could make a nice press mold with it.

It seems kinda cool but not sure if its anything I could/would use... :(
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Arkangel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:36 am

I want some.......!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Barn » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Barn
User

Postby blind pig » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Dunno about the resin melting it, I guess it depends on what resin you are using, but I don't think the average resin would affect this stuff. It would also depend on just how low a temp this stuff needs to be before it deforms.
blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Yeah I wouldn't expect it to turn into a big glob, but I reckon the details would start to soften at a relatively low temperature.

So who's going to buy some and report back? ;)
mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Arkangel
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Im kinda interested in it..... I await the full write-up Ark!! :mrgreen:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Arkangel » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:16 pm

Hey guys :mrgreen:
So after my usual sebaticle from RA of 3-4 months I'm back, again..kinda. The usual has kept me away...Work, plus a nice trip away with work to Canada :twisted:
Anyway back on topic. Tomorrow = Friday I will finally be ordering my 'Instant Mould' from a UK stockist so hopefully next week I'll be able to give you an official low down. I have seen some very good videos on You-tube, search-Instant mould, and the stuff looks promising.
I have also founf another substance used by a guy over here in the UK called, 'Blu-stuff'. Its a Putty that hardens that allows you to mould green-stuff sculpts. It too looks really good and much better for taking moulds for details and shoulder pads than the' 'Instant-mould'. It can be found here with a tutorial:
masteroftheforge.com
Lysander the guy who runs this blog has some amazing Artscale stuff and some really good how-to guides aswell.

Catch you on the flip side

Hasta

Arkangel
Habit

Postby csimian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:57 am

I bought some and I am impressed by the ease of use. Note that this is really only meant for simple surface replication using Kneadatite (Green Stuff). I haven't tried using it for a two piece mold and I don't think I will ever use it with resin.
csimian
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:56 am

Blu-stuff looks great!
And wow, his art-scale stuff is amazing.

Fleafa
Junkie

Next

Return to Dr Polymer