[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Release agent
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Release agent

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Release agent

Postby SSB » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:33 am

Last edited by SSB on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:04 am, edited 10 times in total.
Si Dieu existe, j'espère qu'il a une bonne excuse !
SSB
User

Re: Release agent

Postby mangozac » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:53 am

For the resin casts (in order to maximise mould life) I give the mould a light spray before casting with . It's a little more expensive than other releases I've used but I feel it gives best results and is the least noxious product.

For silicone to silicone release (for making multipart moulds) I always preferred to scoop some Vaseline into a metal spoon and use a lighter underneath to liquify it. I then brush the liquid Vaseline onto the silicone. If you already have a liquid Vaseline I would try just brushing it straight on rather than spraying it on, as that way you can avoid getting it on the master model.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby paulson games » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:10 pm

I use a rubber to rubber release from micro mark when making the molds. Works great on both their silicon and on the smooth on brand silicons.

For casting I use spray on release from Mann Technologies which the smooth-on distributors carry.

My friends and I jokingly refer to it as Man Release.

With the spray on release I give it about 5-10 minutes to dry before I apply a dusting of talc powder (baby powder) which helps eliminate small surface bubbles. Just make sure to leave the Talc step for last otherwise you get a gooey mess if you use the spray after the powder.
paulson games

Postby SSB » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:53 am

Well, No one was able to ship it (J-Wax) to me. So I found another source the french shop

Micro Modele - Le Train Magique

Barrier-coat en bombe de 400g protège les moules en RTV, permet un démoulage facile de toutes les résines courantes. | 18,00 € + 8,00 € S&H (26,00 € Total)

The Can

The litterature (for french speaking/reading people ;))
Last edited by SSB on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SSB
User

Postby mangozac » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:54 am

Have you tried it out yet? How did you find it?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby SSB » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:05 am

Not yet not yet... ^^
Still waiting for some tiny details to be solved on my Air system...

Then I'm on it ! :D
SSB
User

Return to Dr Polymer