[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vacuum / degassing chamber and pump UK
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vacuum / degassing chamber and pump UK

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Vacuum / degassing chamber and pump UK

Postby AdamG » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:32 am

Looking for a chamber and pump in the uk...

Any recommendations?

Cheers :)

Adam
AdamG
User

Re: Vacuum / degassing chamber and pump UK

Postby Deadmeat30 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 am

Where are you located?

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby AdamG » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:31 am

Manchester... :D
AdamG
User

Postby Deadmeat30 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:09 am

You have a pressure pot right? Just get a 10mm polycarbonate lid and some rubber gasket material, and use the pressure pot as the chamber :D

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby AdamG » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14 am

Ok... Sadly I'm not too confident hacking stuff together.

Plus I don't know what sort of pump I need.

That's why I thought it'd be easier to buy a set up
AdamG
User

Postby Deadmeat30 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:35 am

Ready made stuff, hit ebay, but its not cheap!

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:45 pm

You don't even need the polycarb lid if you don't want to see the degassing - I use my pot with its intended lid for my degassing. Most people are picking up their vacuum pumps on ebay...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby AdamG » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:59 am

Looks like I'm building a lid then! I can justify a pump to the missus but not another chamber apparently....
AdamG
User

Postby AdamG » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:31 pm

AdamG
User

Postby Deadmeat30 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:38 pm

For a 10 litre pot, it would take ages to degas. So depends on your resin. I would get a 4CFM pump minimum. 6CFM is great!

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 am

4CFM will do the job but I too recommend 6CFM. I run 8CFM and it's fantastic! I recommend reading to get a bit more understanding of your requirements ;)
mangozac

Postby AdamG » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:05 am

AdamG
User

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:37 am

Whilst I'm personally not to keen on the idea of using the converted pressure cooker (they are only designed for very low pressure differentials), I know people do it and I don't want to argue it right now :P

The calculations are:

3L = 0.105944 Cubic Feet

That ebay pump you linked to at 1.3CFM would evacuate the 3L pot in about 32.5 seconds, which is pretty good.

But a 3L pot is going to be very limiting with regards to the size of the moulds you can put in it. In fact I didn't know you could get a pressure cooker as small as 3L?
mangozac

Return to Dr Polymer