[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 3d Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

3d Stuff

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: 3d Stuff

Postby Fleafa » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Holy huge print, Batman!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Not really 3d, but related as these are the stat cards that I'll be using for my minis and rules set.

Back over the summer I'd kinda pieced out how I wanted the stat cards to look, back in Nov I'd also asked Seb if he might be able to do some graphics based on the rough ideas I had. It's been on the back burner for a bit but after some positive discussion with the Palladium guys I felt charged and started banging out some more progress.

Here's what I had previously

These are what Seb sent for the PDF book pages

The newly updated cards with color and adapted graphics, I think they are far more appealing now.

ImageImage
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby mangozac » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Looking great - the colour really makes them pop!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 am

Started work on some new robot weaponry to go along with the various missiles and autocannons I already have. I'm thinking this would serve as a dual plasma launcher.

paulson games

Postby mangozac » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:10 am

Cool design! I'd like to see something protruding at an angle from the rear though to add some more interest)...
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:33 am

Other versions of the barrel tips, let me know which you prefer.

paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:45 am

between those two, I like the bottom one better. Although I kind of like the original best.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:02 am

I echo Vaaish.
mangozac

Postby geomod » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 pm

I like the third one, the other ones nozzles remind me a bit too much of LEGO for some reason.

:lol:
geomod
User

Postby paulson games » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Lol I had been thinking that of the second one but on a second glance over the first one I can see the top half of a lego man's head as the barrel tip. :oops:

I have several other parts that have been rolling around in my head for at least a month. Here's some heads I'm tinkering with, I'm planning on rough out some feet and a jet pack tomorrow.

paulson games

Postby mangozac » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Now that is cool! Very reminiscent of Evangelion, which is a good thing ;)

I think it would be improved by adding some curves or at least sloped/bevelled edges to stop it from looking so boxy...
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Started tinkering with a torso, it's still in the rough stage so comments are welcome.

paulson games

Postby factor40 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:23 am

Wow, Jon. Looking very cool indeed.

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:24 am

Yeah I like where you're headed too. Please try to avoid going too Gundam looking though ;)
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:18 am

paulson games

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling