[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Factor40's Public Display
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Factor40's Public Display

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Factor40's Public Display

Postby factor40 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 am

Thought I'd post these here as well as my blog. A few new heads that should be coming out soon.

This is the rifle I'm having printed by

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:01 am

I like the rifle design, and it will be very interesting to see the Maxmini results!

Looking forward to seeing the head prints and just how well they turn out...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby factor40 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 am

[RANT]
Well, after 3 weeks of little to no communication from Maxmini, that printing deal is bust. Whether they are doing this part time or full time shouldn't matter. It makes no sense to me that someone presents themselves as a person/company who can do "task x" accepts a job to do "task x" and then doesn't do "task x". In today's society, with emails being accessible from almost anywhere, it amazes me that someone running a business doesn't check and answer emails at least once a day. Communication is the #1 form of customer service, a simple update explaining the status or a delay of a job can go a long way towards establishing trust and creditability. At least, that's what I think.
[/RANT]

So...while I haven't got the rifles ready yet, I have got the heads cleaned up and the goggled heads are currently running through the first cast.

More pics to come. Exciting stuff!

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:54 am

Sorry to hear about the aggravation with Maxmini's service. Thanks for being a guinea pig for the rest of us! Perhaps you should update your post to share your experience?

On the plus side, the heads look fantastic! If I were doing humans in my dioramas I'd be grabbing some as soon as they were available 8-)
mangozac

Postby factor40 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:29 am

Maybe Maxmini reads RA? A day after I posted the above rant and told them to forget it, I got an email..."You must have missed my message, the rifles are done and ready to ship".

Lord knows what happened to the missing email...I never received it :? :roll:

I requested a picture and, as of now, things look to be back on track. I will reserve a final call on these guys until I have the pieces in hand.

factor40
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:21 am

Looking nice :)

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Lane » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:24 am

very cool

Having done internet tech support I can honestly say - emails disappear without a trace.
Lane
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:40 am

mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:40 am

While I sympathize with the lenght I do think they look pretty good.....

And odd about them out of the blue sending anther email..... LOL Zac has spies!!!! LMAO!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:30 pm

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:58 pm

mangozac

Postby factor40 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:41 am

The prints from the Solidscape machine are in a soft, waxy material that is quite fragile. They take he print and cast a resin master from it. Not sold on the process but I was curious how it would turn out.

factor40
Habit

Postby paulson games » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:31 am

paulson games

Postby Deadmeat30 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:58 am

I know Banelegions creators read on here. lol.

And Forgeworld...

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:02 am

mangozac

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling