[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Designing ships [possible BFG scale]
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Designing ships [possible BFG scale]

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Designing ships [possible BFG scale]

Postby mangozac » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:52 pm

The sketch style is cool, but a bit annoying when you want to get a more accurate feel for the design and details. The plain shots are good from time to time ;)

I like it, especially the torpedo tubes. I reckon a sensor array in the flat area between them wouldn't go astray. Also, how about some fine details inside the launch bays?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:13 pm

That would be fitting right? I just don't know what kinda detailed inside it would be fitting. Also, the gap of the launchbay is 1mm high, meaning that details would be veeeeeeeeery tiny.

Suggestions are more than welcome! :)
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:45 am

For launch bay details just have some scribed lines and stuff. Maybe a couple of very low domes. It will be barely noticeable, but I think worth the effort.
mangozac

Postby FearGFX » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:41 pm

i'll buy all versions!
FearGFX
Casual

Postby Malika » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:42 am

mangozac

Postby Deadmeat30 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:46 am

Restic is bloody horrid! Ive had the sedition wars kickstarter... and sold it on to a mate cause of the material.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Malika » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:02 pm

mangozac

Postby Malika » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Malika
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Polyurethane is the resin we normally use to cast stuff.

With regards to troll forge, have you contacted Ed? As I know he is very busy with contract casting stuff up.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Malika » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:29 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Islacrusez » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:04 am

Hey, you've got more updates than I have recently ;)

I'd add a bit of bulk to the back, mostly just adding some length, to make them feel more balanced over the midpoint. Theoretical CoG should at least appear to be over the mount ^^
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Malika » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:42 am

Bulk for which one? I'm not planning on doing it on the 2-barrel version, since now it already fits perfectly in the ship's architecture. The 6-barrel version needs serious beefing up. I'm planning on making a single barrel turret as well, meant to shoot big holes in the ship's armor. Just need to figure out how to make it look cool.

What's CoG by the way?
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:26 am

mangozac

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling